How to Make Lip Balms
Lip balm is always nice to have, especially if you have dry lips. It nourishes your lips and lots of lip balms have amazing scents and colors. Most of them cost from 3 dollars to 10 dollars. They aren’t the most expensive things ever but I don’t want to spend 10 dollars on a lip balm. Here is a way you can make your very own lip balm. It is inexpensive and incredibly fun to make with friends or family. Enjoy!
Ingredients You will need…
Any Essential Oil
Lip Chap Tubes (you can also use a small jar and use your finger to apply the lip balm)
A plastic pipette (this makes it much easier to fill the tube)
A double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small pan with boiling water (make sure to have a parent or guardian while dealing with boiling water)
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of beeswax, 2 tablespoons of shea butter and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a double boiler or small glass bowl over a small pot of boiling water, stirring constantly until melted
2. Remove pan from heat but keep over the still-hot water to keep the mixture melted
3. Add essential oils to your preference. Add a few drops at a time and testing a tiny amount on your arm to make sure the scent is to your liking
4. Once you’ve added the essential oils, use the pipette or a dropper to fill the lip balm tubes. This must be done quickly since the mixture will start to harden as soon as it is removed from the heat
5. Let tubes sit at room temperature for several hours until cooled and completely hardened before capping them
That is how you make lip balms for cheap! The best thing about this is that you can make it to your liking and you will never run out. I hope you enjoyed!!!